Monday, January 19, 2015

Change (Jan 12)

Hola!

I don't even know where to start this week! My faith was tested for sure! Tuesday afternoon I got a call from President Forbes telling me that I actually wasn't going to Lakeville. There was a situation with another missionary and President needed me to come to St. Peter instead. So, I am now in this cute little place with Hermana Hiatt, who Hermana Rawlins just finished training!

When I got the call, my first internal reaction was disappointment. I couldn't even sleep Monday night I was so excited to go back to Lakeville. I had to decide right then and there to just have faith that it was what God wanted and that it was a test for me to handle the disappointment and just move on. I really didn't know what to expect in St. Peter, but I tried stay positive! Now, almost a week later, I am so grateful that I am here. I have learned so much, and if I had a choice right now to go to Lakeville or stay here, I would stay.

If I had gone to Lakeville, it would have been awesome. It would have so fun to see all the people that I love so much there. But if I had gone there, I wouldn't have met the people here. In a few more months after my mission is over, 6 weeks more in Lakeville wouldn't of changed much, but 6 weeks in St. Peter definitely will! One of the best things so far is my companion. Hermana Hiatt is amazing! She has only been out 2 transfers, but it doesn't seem like it. She has a lot of confidence, in a good way, and is just so on top of things. I was so stressed when I took over for the first time! If she is, she doesn't act like it at all. We have already had lots of fun and I'm so excited to finish my mission with her!

We are teaching so many great people right now! There is this sweet mom named J from Honduras with 4 daughters. This week we had a lesson with her and 3 of her daughters and they all committed to baptism on February 14th! They came to church and loved it and are doing awesome. They are so much fun. The girls are 15, 14, 13, and 10. The oldest also wants to be baptized but works on Sundays.

St. Peter is kind of like Austin because we do both English/Spanish. More Spanish than in Austin though so that's fun. We are teaching these two older ladies who are best friends named D and E. They both want to be baptized as well and have such strong testimonies of Joseph Smith!

I will tell you more about our investigators next week. I'm still learning the area and the people so it's a little crazy right now! One other thought though- Last night we had a lesson with a lady name T, who is also working towards baptism :) She is trying to quit smoking and change her life. We watched "His Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox. It was a BYU devotional. It is so good! I think I've read it or at least part of it before, but it is so amazing! I won't even try to sum up what he talked about because it is too good so please just go watch it or read it! I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and His grace. Truly He has given us everything. I love being His representative. People need to know about the gift that He has already given us. We can have so much hope because of Him!

Love,
Hermana Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment