Monday, January 26, 2015

Better (Jan 26) w pictures

Hola!

Sometimes it just feels like things can't even get better.. and then they do! I really have been blessed throughout all of my mission so far to be happy and have great experiences. In the last few weeks though I think this may be the happiest I have ever been. I have learned so much and I have found myself just reflecting again and again on the things I learn in my studies or from lessons or conversations with investigators and other people.

This week was full of a lot of incredible experiences. On Tuesday we stopped by a family who has been less active for about 8 years. It is a father and his 2 sons, and his wife who is not a member and is a step mom to the boys. They let us come in and were very nice. The father told us that he had grown up in the church, went to seminary, went to BYU etc but always relied on the testimonies of others and never gained his own, or if he did he let it diminish and doubts took over. Just a year ago his father joined the church and his entire family is very now very active. He feels pressure to become active, but he still has doctrinal issues that he is trying to work out. They agreed to let us come back tonight. For some reason, Hermana Hiatt and I have been so excited, more than usual, to come back and teach them. I really feel like I was able to receive so much revelation for them and it has been an incredible experience so far. I have a lot of thoughts, but one quick one is that I know that the Book of Mormon really is key to overcoming any doubt. All doubts we have either have to do with Jesus Christ as our Savior, Joseph Smith as a prophet, or the Church being true today or basically that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet guiding Christ's true church. If we know are able to receive revelation through the Spirit that the book is true, and do not "cast out" our faith we will be able to resolve any concern. I will let you know how it goes with them!

We were able to visit that family that I had met before again, and are also going back tomorrow. We now know what her concerns are, and have been working this week on trying to find the answers that will be what she needs to hear. Hopefully it goes well!

J and her girls are so excited for their baptism!! We are continuing to work with the ward to help them so they can have good, lasting friendships with the members. They are so much fun to teach because they are all so happy and have good questions!

The other day we had a lesson with T, and she basically told us she didn't want to meet anymore because she really doesn't believe she can change. She has been through so much and just can't keep all the commandments necessary for baptism. We tried everything we could to help her see otherwise but she wasn't willing to listen. The last thing we were able to do was to commit her to pray. Then, 2 days later, she texted us and told us that she actually would like to meet. We saw her yesterday and she had had a really sweet experience and felt so much peace and comfort. She opened up to us about some of the incredibly hard things she went through in her life and how she really does have a sincere motivation to change. She just went through a really low point. It was such a miracle! That feeling came after she prayed and I was so grateful that Heavenly Father heard her prayer and also ours! She is possibly going to be moving this week though, so other missionaries might be teaching her, but that's okay!

Ok, I'm sorry this is getting super long but just one more quick thing. This week I was able to go to Lakeville on exchanges!! I got to see a few familiar faces, not many, but it was still really fun and the people I did see made comments that they had known about transfers and how I almost came back, haha. It really did feel like being home in Lakeville, and it was almost as if I had never left. In a weird way though, it felt right coming back to St. Peter and Heavenly Father confirmed to me again that this is where I'm supposed to be!

I love you! Have a great week!

Hermana Pierce


Serious Ice Fishing in MN

Brittani with David and his nephew. Recently baptized in Lakeville.
Brittani with Sister Tingey


No comments:

Post a Comment