Monday, February 9, 2015

Our Father Loves Us! (Feb 9)

Buenos Dias!

This week has been another great one, full of little miracles and lots of growth and learning! It's interesting that sometimes it is easier to see things in retrospect, which is what I have been doing lately with my mission up to this point. The blessings I have received can't be counted or described and I continue to love this work more each day.

We saw the L's and were able to have a wonderful visit and we were able to serve them as well! We really have developed a close friendship so quickly with them. Wade has come with us a lot too and they really get along. It's amazing what has happened in such a short time. When we first came over the wife, B, expressed a lot of doubts about doctrine. Somehow, most of those doubts are resolved and she has a very strong desire to be active and have her husband join her as well. We don't even know what we did, but the Spirit obviously touched her and helped her to change her heart! They haven't come to church yet, the roads have been bad, but we are confident they will soon! Hopefully this Sunday!

This week Hermana Hiatt and I got to go to the temple! Usually are over an hour from St. Paul so usually we wouldn't be able to go, but when I was on exchanges in Lakeville we had dinner with one of my favorite families there and they told us they wanted to take us to the temple. They even asked President Forbes who said yes, so we got to go! It was really good. I love the temple so much! It had been about 7 months since I had been.

Our investigators D and E are so sweet! They committed to giving up coffee this week and both are doing awesome with reading! I will have to tell you more about them later, but they are so interesting and fun! And they are really excited to get baptized at the end of March!

J and her girls are getting baptized this Saturday! There are a few things we have to go over with them this week, but as long as everything goes well it should all work out! They are really excited and doing great! We weren't able to meet with N this week, but we will this coming week and he should be at the baptism too! :)

Some of our investigators and less active families have some really big concerns that we honestly just didn't know how to deal with. Hermana Hiatt and I decided to fast this Sunday for them and it was one of the most uplifting fasts I've ever had. We received a lot of revelation and so much peace that Heavenly Father loves these individuals and knows exactly what they need. I have come to realize that He truly does know exactly what I need. I'm sure I will realize it even more as I continue through life. I have been able to see so many examples of when things have happened that have been exactly what I needed or exactly what I needed to do for someone else. As I have begun to see that He is in the smallest details of our lives, it has brought me so much closer to Him and I am so grateful for that! God is our Father and He loves us! :)

Love,
Hermana Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment