Monday, February 16, 2015

Hasta Ver (Feb. 16)

Hola Familia!

I'm so grateful that I could have my last full week as a full time missionary be so wonderful. Every day was full of good experiences and like always, I learned and grew so much.

Saturday was such a special day! Jenny, Alondra, Emily and Vanessa all were baptized! It was the perfect way to spend Valentine's day, seeing them show their love for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. In the days before the baptism we had some really good lessons with them. The Spirit was so strong and it was a good preparation for this weekend! Even more powerful was yesterday when they were confirmed. They were each given very specific blessings that could not have been more perfect. There is no way that the person confirming them could have known their needs so well. It strengthened my testimony of the power of the Priesthood and also just how much our Heavenly Father knows and loves us. :) These girls will continue on to do great things! Jenny's sister was able to attend the baptism, but unfortunately N was not. :( We haven't been able to see him again yet, but soon!




Yesterday was such a beautiful day. In addition to having the confirmations, the L's came to church! I was beside myself with joy seeing them walk in. They loved it too and we are seeing them tonight! They are another perfect example of how our Heavenly Father knows us and knows what we need. In such a short time they have come to mean so much to me!

I will share more with you about this week later, but I just wanted to share a few thoughts now. I can't even begin to express my gratitude to the Lord for this amazing mission journey. As I reflect on the past 18 months I think about the people that I have become so close to and the sweet experiences that have made up my mission. All the hard times or discouraging times seem to fade away and I am so caught up in gratitude and love for this experience. I can't even imagine my life without my mission. Looking back, everyday was full of exactly what Heavenly Father knew I needed. I know that not because of anything that I did on my own, I could also be what other people needed too and there really is no better feeling than that: To know that what we are doing is what Heavenly Father would have us do.

My mind has expanded and my spirit has been strengthened and I do know with more surety than I've ever had that Jesus is my Savior and that His gospel and church are upon the earth today. This work is true. God is our Father and we are His children who have divine potential to return to Him and become like Him. He listens to our prayers and He sends us guidance. Right now, in this moment, we have a prophet on the earth who has been called by Him to give us the necessary light to make it back home. I love these truths with all my heart. It has taken work and it will for everyone who wants to know. But when those moments of light come it is worth every single sacrifice that we make to find it.

I love you!

Hermana Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment